Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

 Prompt Response: I had my first girlfriend last year and that had a huge impact on my life. I had never had a girlfriend before so it was an eye opening experience to what it was like. I learned with her what managing a relationship was like and how I should handle it. I also learned what to look for in people that I would want to spend my time with. I still think about her and how she fundamentally changed how I view a lot of people.

Summary: We worked on our Emily Dickinson poem drawing.

Reflection: I got to brainstorm more about the deeper meaning of the Emily Dickinson poem that we were working on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.