How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events?

 Prompt Response: Creating my own origin myth helped me learn why they are so widely used. They are very entertaining to read and they give people something to believe in. They give convenient openings to describe events that happen in our world. In my origin myth, I chose to make the beginning of our universe a clash between two kingdoms. I felt that this was an entertaining hook that would make my story good. For my lesson, I made the demigods lose their parents and realize the importance of peace. They passed on the teachings of peace to the humans that they created, giving us this lesson.

Summary: We wrote our own origin myths in class today.

Reflection: I learned about how to utilize parts of origin myths to help build a story. This assignment helped me understand ancient culture and why these might have been utilized. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.