Prompt: In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?
Prompt Response: Last year I had a girlfriend that I liked, but things didn't really work out. My mind was telling me that it would be bad to stay with her. My heart told me that I really wanted to stay with her, In the end, logic won and I broke up with her. I was struggling over the decision for a very long time, it was tough, but I am a logical person so my mind went through the facts and made the final decision that it was time to let go.
Summary: We worked on Emily Dickinson's Heart, We Will Forget Him analysis.
Reflection: I learned more about how the words that Emily Dickinson uses in her poems are associated to more alternate meanings.
Comments
Post a Comment