In “The Rockpile,” the children know that the rockpile is dangerous and that they are supposed to stay away from it, but curiosity still draws them toward it. Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience?

 Prompt Response: One time there was a thing that I wasn't supposed to climb outside. I was young and curiosity was very powerful. I ignored the sign next to me that said "Do Not Climb" and I went up anyway. As I was climbing up, I slipped and fell off. I landed all the way at the bottom and broke my wrist. The temptation to climb to the top was just too much and I had to go up there. 

 

Summary: We worked on the rockpile questions.

Reflection: I completed some of the questions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.