Prompt: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?
Prompt Response: Just the fact that I'm a junior and I'm very close to going to college is already crazy to think about. Time passes by so quickly, I had never even thought about living in a place without my family, but I'm already close to going off to college. It's a colossal thing to think about, becoming an adult and traveling to new places. It really makes me value the free time that I have now, and the things that are given to me for free, because soon, I'll have to provide for myself.
Summary: We analyzed Emily Dickinson's Because I could not stop for death
Reflection: This helped me further my understanding of how Emily Dickinson's poems are structured. It also helped me learn more about the complex meanings behind simple lines in poems.
Comments
Post a Comment