Prompt: The title “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” suggests that helping or protecting another person may also benefit you. Describe a time when helping someone else taught you something, changed your perspective, or made a positive difference in your own life.

 Prompt Response: One time there was this lady that I helped. She needed help moving boxes of files into her office. She was older and she couldn't really handle the boxes on her own anymore. So I went and helped her move everything inside. She was a generous lady and she even gave me money for doing it. She wanted to stay connected with me so she could give me further job opportunities. This really changed my perspective on helping people just to be kind. I never expected that all of this would have come out of just helping her move some boxes.

 

Summary: We finished The Life You Save May Be Your Own.

Reflection: The story had a very interesting ending and I learned about the deeper meanings and themes behind some of the things that happened in the story.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.