Today, we learned about the two types of characterization: direct and indirect characterization. We then applied what we learned by analyzing characters from James Baldwin’s “The Rockpile” using the STEAL method: Speech, Thoughts, Effect on Others, Actions, and Looks. Now, apply characterization to yourself. If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality.
Prompt Response: I usually say funny things so someone might gleam that I am funny from my speech. My facial expressions are hard to read sometimes so someone might not be able to characterize much from my thoughts. Since I am usually funny, I make others laugh, that is my usual effect on others. I talk to people and am pretty social, that much can be found out from my actions. I smile pretty often so people should be able to find out from my looks that I am a friendly person.
Summary: We characterized characters from the rockpile.
Reflection: I characterized Roy from the rockpile.
Comments
Post a Comment